Saturday, November 28, 2015

A New Look For This Blog!

Hello readers,

My, how time flies! It's now just over two years since I first created this blog, on which I bestowed the highly imaginative title of Laura Pinto, Writer and Author. During these past two years, I haven't posted as much on the blog as I would have liked to. There's always something going on, something interesting or newsworthy that could conceivably find a place on these pages, and if it were up to me I would post here several times a week, if not daily. But life gets in the way. I have a full-time day job and a house and dog to take care of, all on my own. In order to preserve my strength and sanity, I have to prioritize, which means that non-essentials get pushed to the bottom of my list. But I'm hoping that all changes soon and that I have more free time to post on my blogs, as well as to maintain my web sites (some of which haven't been updated for years!).

In August of 2013, I published my first novel on Amazon Kindle, THE D.A.'s FOREVER. For the past several years, I've been hard at work on what was to be my first novel but will now be my second, LIFE ROCKS ON. There have been many long stretches of writer's block, but I've tried to work on the book at least on weekends, even if it was just to edit what was already written. Now the fog has cleared, and I'm writing in earnest again. LIFE ROCKS ON was first conceived in 2005, a full decade ago. I am hoping to give birth to it very soon.

In the meantime, I decided to change the focus of this blog from me, me, me to a little more of what's going on outside of myself. There's a big, wide and, at times, wonderful world out there, and I intend to put my two cents in on all manner of topics ranging from current events to entertainment to advice columns (which I read voraciously) to my two biggest interests, oldies music and the Law of Attraction. Few things will be off-limits, except for politics, religion, or anything of a negative or tragic nature. I have no desire to add power to negativity by talking about it here. As part of re-designing this blog, I gave it a new name: Laura Pinto ♥ Making Every Day Magical! The heart symbolizes what life and the Universe and all of creation is based on; the word "magical" refers to everyday miracles that we often take for granted (or, sadly, fail to notice). Every one of us has the ability to create magic on a daily basis. And it's my wish to demonstrate how to do exactly that, by sharing posts from some of the leading Law of Attraction teachers as well as my own personal experiences and observations.

For more info about me plus links to my sites, social networks and blogs, please visit my personal webpage, Laura's Websites (aka Laura Pinto Online) and my page on About.Me. Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment